The France-Merrick Performing Arts Center at the Hippodrome involved the architectural connection of three historic landmark buildings – the Western National Bank, the Eutaw Savings Bank, and the original Hippodrome Theatre. The original Hippodrome Theater was designed by noted theater architect, Thomas Lamb, and opened in 1914 as a Theater Palace. The revival of the theatre is part of a plan to revitalize the West side of downtown Baltimore and vicinity.
MRA completed the landscape design for the streetscape of the theater and utilized a theatrical spotlight motif in the paving pattern. The project won a Preservation Award from the Maryland Historic Trust.