SENIOR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
Application Deadline: July 15, 2019
Mahan Rykiel is an internationally recognized landscape architecture, planning and urban design firm with a staff of over thirty five (35) professionals. We have a team that delivers high quality, high value solutions to our clients. Our practice is diverse; projects span a broad range of markets, scales and types with a portfolio that includes institutional and academic work, housing, retail, hospitality, parks, urban planning and transportation. Our philosophy is grounded in a human centered approach to design, emphasizing the connection between people and our environment. MRA offers excellent benefits and a creative working environment in an historic setting.
MRA is seeking a Senior Landscape Architect with 8+ years of experience to add to our growing mixed use, institutional or civil team. This position offers the opportunity to grow into a Senior Technical Lead or Senior Design Lead position. We are looking for self-motivated professionals focused on site design, construction documentation and construction administration.
- Work directly with principals to generate design solutions and manage project teams to execute the design from conceptual phase to construction administration phase;
- Manage project budgets, schedule and staff to a profitable result;
- Provide knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of multiple-steps that vary in nature and sequence; and
- Maintain client relationships at the project level and across multiple client assignments.
- Professional experience in a design office (8+ years);
- Team player, thought leader, passionate and self-motivated;
- Solid sense of design and detailing; extensive experience in design and construction documentation;
- Proof of designing and overseeing construction of a minimum of six high-quality built projects;
- Excellent graphic (computer and/or hand), verbal, and written communication skills;
- Experience in the development of fees and scopes of services;
- Ability to effectively manage clients and sub-consultants; and
- Production experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
Additional Skills Desired:
- LEED accredited professionals; and
- Proficiency with hand drawing, REVIT, and Rhino
Education: Accredited Degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture or Engineering related field
Professional Registration: PLA (Required)
Directions to apply:
The deadline for submissions is July 15, 2019. However, offers will be made to qualified candidates on a rolling basis.
Send letters of interest, resume and 5-8 (min.) built project samples* to:
Mahan Rykiel Associates
3300 Clipper Mill Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21211
Attention: Senior LA 19
Or email to: Jennifer Castillo at firstname.lastname@example.org
* If responding by mail, please enclose one hard copy of resume and work samples in addition to any copies provided in digital format.