PROJECT LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT/MANAGER (5+ Years)
Mahan Rykiel Associates is currently seeking a mid-level Project Landscape Architect/Manager with 5+ years of experience who specializes in project design, design documentation and construction services to join our growing team. Working directly with our Design Principals, the Project Landscape Architect will be responsible for managing all phases of our project work that includes design, documentation, staff scheduling, project budgeting, client relationships, and consultant coordination. Applicants currently looking for an opportunity to explore various aspects of design and project typology, with the opportunity to grow into a senior-level position are encouraged to apply for this position.
Who We Are?
Mahan Rykiel is an internationally recognized, woman-owned landscape architecture, planning and urban design firm committed to developing design solutions for our contemporary built environment. We are thinkers, collaborators, and innovators that seek to create places for people that are relevant, engaging and inspiring.
Our passionate team of over 30 professionals deliver high quality, high value design solutions for our clients. Mahan Rykiel’s diverse projects span geographic markets, scales and typologies with a portfolio that includes institutional and academic work, housing, hospitality, retail/mixed-use, parks, urban planning, resiliency, research and transportation.
- Signing/Relocation Bonus
- Competitive Salary and Paid Overtime
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Vacation and Sick Leave Commiserate with Work Experience
- (8) Paid Holidays
- Summer Hours/Schedule
- IRA Simple Plan
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term Disability Insurance
What are We Looking For?
Experience & Education:
- 5+ Years of Full Time Professional Experience
- Professional Licensure Desired or Working Towards Licensure
- Accredited Degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Urban Design or Related Field
- Team player, thought leader, passionate and self-motivated professional
- Strong sense of design and detailing; experience in design and construction documentation with quality-built projects
- Collaborative thinking, Design coordination with internal and external teams and consultants
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, while mentoring junior staff and balancing project responsibilities
Technical Skills & Expertise
- Excellent graphic (computer and/or hand), verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent creative thinking and design ability
- Demonstrated experience in the development and coordination of construction drawings
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in Revit, desired/not required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- 3D Modeling (Rhino, SketchUp, Lumion and Enscape), desired/not required
- Planting knowledge and site grading a plus
Directions to apply:
If you are passionate about design and looking for an opportunity to grow and lead while working on a broad range of project types, we are eager to hear more about you!
Please send inquiries and your information to Jennifer Castillo at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Letter of interest
- Professional Resume
- Project Portfolio with 3 (minimum) built project samples.
- Sample Construction Documents 2-3 sample sheets of construction plans and details